Tina Senegal

TinaSenegal is a blog about my life in Oussouye, Senegal. My greatest desire is for this village to experience the LOVE of Jesus Christ.

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Tabaski

Tabaski is the Muslim holiday that celebrates Abraham's willingness to sacrifice his son and God's provision of the lamb.  Sheep are sold ALL over Senegal during the season before Tabaski and it's even more common to travel with sheep on the roof of your car.  I have been invited several times to pass the holiday in Loudia Olof.  Loudia is one of two primarily Muslim villages on the Elinkin road about an hour walk from my house.  Christine and I set out on the walk to Loudia chatting along the way.  We were welcomed into the village and met the families of the seven or so high school girls I know from there. 














After the sheep are killed, for breakfast they cook up the liver.  As we were making the rounds of greeting everyone we were served a taste of the liver every where we went.  I saw children playing with the sheep's severed head.  The food was however VERY delicious.  In one house curiously enough we met some Christian girls who had come home for the holiday.  Just before we left I was able to share more about friendship with God with one of the girls we met. 

No comments: