Tina Senegal

TinaSenegal is a blog about my life in Oussouye, Senegal. My greatest desire is for this village to experience the LOVE of Jesus Christ.

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

New Roomy


A few days ago Jerome called me at about 9 p.m. and said a visitor was in town. Mary, she stays with Jerome and Marie Claire when she visits to plant and harvest her rice. Jerome opens his home for many students to stay there who's villages are too far to walk to school. So he needed a place for Paulette. Could she come and stay with me? "When" I asked. "Well she is on route to your house now." I guess that's yes then. Which is great because it means I am family and understand life in Oussouye. It's my pleasure actually because they open their homes to me each day when a spoon is handed to me and they say "eat." I normally respond "with pleasure." So Paulette is with me now for a bit. When I asked for how long, Jerome responded, "for awhile." When I asked Mary how long she would be in Oussouye, she said "mid January." No problem. It's great to have someone at the house everyday to chat with. I am realizing more and more that I need people around me.

So this morning she comes home after an hour of school. I said what happened. "strike again." She wasn't sure what to do so I showed her how to loaf on the couch. I demonstrated putting your feet up and laying down comfortable on the couch. She took to it quite nicely and I continued my work.

No comments: