Tina Senegal

TinaSenegal is a blog about my life in Oussouye, Senegal. My greatest desire is for this village to experience the LOVE of Jesus Christ.

Sunday, November 30, 2008

Homecoming




Yesterday when I arrived home all was safe and sound. I am busy unpacking and organizing when I see this huge lizard run by the front gate. I run out back to where the students live and shout, "hey everyone there is a giant lizard in my yard." They were all laughing. I thought it was dangerous like the big snakes. But the gardener guy came over with the machete. We heard him moving through the grass and Malang starts looking for him. Then the neighbors kids heard we were looking for a moniter lizard and seven of them hop the wall and start the chase. This was entirely amusing. All these kids some on top of the wall, some throwing rocks and sticks at the lizard to die. The lizard finally gave up chase.

No comments: