Tina Senegal

TinaSenegal is a blog about my life in Oussouye, Senegal. My greatest desire is for this village to experience the LOVE of Jesus Christ.

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Mlumpe




In September Erin and I traveled to Mlumpe via her moto bike for ministry. During the prayer walk God spoke several things about the village and some words of instruction for the church. We were able to spend time with Leopold, his wife and family and well as the church members.

There exists in Mlumpe a tremendous amount of fear. God spoke that each time they hear the thunder the church members should remember that God is bigger than all of the things they see on the ground. It's so easy to get caught up in only what we can see, forgetting how big our eternal creator really is. This is a wonderful word for all of us.

There son came decided to wear this vest on Sunday sporting the Girl Scout badges from Rhode Island Troop 49. I was laughing to myself at the irony of it all. Ha....it made me remember my girl scout days.

Leopold has started a new business in Mlumpe using his renewable resource SUNLIGHT! There is no electricity in Mlumpe and he has two solar panels. He now charges Mobile phones for 100 francs a piece. I found this to be an amazing opportunity to generate income. Leopold, he's so clever.

No comments: