Tina Senegal

TinaSenegal is a blog about my life in Oussouye, Senegal. My greatest desire is for this village to experience the LOVE of Jesus Christ.

Saturday, April 5, 2008

Independence Day





Yesterday Erin and I marched in the Independence Day Parade with the women of the church. On Tuesday I had preached at the women's bible study about them being the light of the world and that when they walk they should walk with courage and stand tall because the blessing of God was on them and their work. So Erin and I had the dresses made and marched alongside our ladies having a great time. Then we went to round point after the parade for pictures and they announced our groups name over the loudspeaker. WE HAD WON FIRST PLACE IN THE PARADE! I didn't realize it was a contest. Everyone was is shouting at us.....Nous Gagne. I am like what the heck did we win? Were we competing for something? Finally after asking like three people I figured it out. Lucy is shouting at me "We are the light of the world, we are the light of the world." It was a very exciting moment for the ladies and a bit confusing for me. But now I get it.

No comments: