Tina Senegal

TinaSenegal is a blog about my life in Oussouye, Senegal. My greatest desire is for this village to experience the LOVE of Jesus Christ.

Sunday, March 23, 2008

Jesus on the Radio




Jerome has started preaching on the radio every Sunday from 12-1 p.m. The radio station reaches all of the Basse Cassamance region, as far as Djemberin and the Islands. The broadcast even goes into Guinea Bissau. This is a fantastic opportunity for the church to spread the word of God into unreached places in our region. He has been inviting me to speak on the radio but I will be honest I have been a little afraid to have a message translated and heard by thousands of people at one time. I was invited to preach at the Oussouye church today for Easter. After the service Jerome asked me if I would come along to the radio and give the message again. I agreed, Erin and I walked over to the radio station. All went well and I preached on the radio for the very first time, telling an entire region about having a relationship with Jesus Christ.

1 comment:

Matt Manuel said...

Nice money shot of you, cool opportunity! THat is super exciting. I know a lot of people listen to the radio there.