Tina Senegal

TinaSenegal is a blog about my life in Oussouye, Senegal. My greatest desire is for this village to experience the LOVE of Jesus Christ.

Friday, March 14, 2008

Malaria

Wednesday evening I was feeling kind of ill. I woke up Thursday feeling even worse, the beginnings of some classic Malaria symptoms. I stopped at the pharmacy to pick up some Malaria drugs. I spent the entire day walking through a village feeling ill, by 2:00 p.m. I just had to go home. My fever spiked and I got chills. Today I feel much better after starting the meds and getting some rest.

While we were walking yesterday I remembered a story from Ghana. One day a lady told me she had been having bouts of Malaria all the time. She told me it was because of all the mangoes she had been eating. I tried to explain to her that Malaria came from Mosquitoes, she said yes, because the Mosquitoes eat the mangoes. It didn't seem worth it to try and convince her. She seemed confident that she was getting Malaria from Mangoes. Perhaps our scientists have been wrong all along and I have discovered the true source of Malaria. Mangoes.


No comments: