Tina Senegal

TinaSenegal is a blog about my life in Oussouye, Senegal. My greatest desire is for this village to experience the LOVE of Jesus Christ.

Monday, November 12, 2007

Ground Nuts

The season has come for harvesting the ground nuts. My neighbors whole family spent Sunday harvesting and cleaning the peanuts, then putting them on my roof to dry in the sun. The children harvested the ground nuts from the soil, they were then carried to their house in baskets. The women gathered to pluck the peanut from the plant, which was then placed in a container and carried to my house.

We eat peanuts every way imaginable. They boil them in the shell, they roast them in the shell, they soak them in water and salt and roast them, they remove the shell and soak them in water and salt and roast them. They also boil them with sugar. Every which way, every one loves peanuts.



No comments: