Tina Senegal

TinaSenegal is a blog about my life in Oussouye, Senegal. My greatest desire is for this village to experience the LOVE of Jesus Christ.

Sunday, November 4, 2007

Family Gatherings




In the village every week there is some sort of family gathering. Babies are born, being baptized, people are dieing. I never found the funerals to be that much of a party but I do like to go to the baptisms. Last week my friend Bintue in Harlem had the baptism for her new little baby. When I arrived I realized that many of the women in the nieghborhood who I know were there. I was able to go around and greet all the little groups of women. Today when we were going around praying for people in Mlumpe, one woman said, I know you, I saw you at the Baptism in Harlem last week. Ahh small town life. I don't blend at all here. I hope I don't stick out like a sore thumb.

I love it that these kinds of gatherings help me build relationships with people and meet new people.

No comments: