Tina Senegal

TinaSenegal is a blog about my life in Oussouye, Senegal. My greatest desire is for this village to experience the LOVE of Jesus Christ.

Monday, February 19, 2007

U Haul Baby!!!


U Haul really means, have fun with that or pay us to move you! Moving overseas means packing up your life, or having the where withall to actually buy and own your own home with a care taker in charge. I did not have that where with all and am a still a renter. Which means moving all of my stuff to my Mother's basement when I move back oveseas. When I was 21, moving to Ghana this was not a problem. I didn't have anything. Now I am 31 and have way too much stuff. I have spent the last six weeks depositing my life into boxes that will not acutally be opened until I turn the key to my own home. An added bonus my Mother has a huge clean, dry basement. When I went to my parent's home during the Thanksgiving holiday, feeling very guilty for knowing I was going to dump all my stuff in her basement in three months decided to clean it out for her. Ten hours later and 8 calls to the Salvation Army about picking stuff up, the basement was clean.

How to pack is really the dilema. My room now has one corner for what's going to Senegal, which will be edited after there is nothing left in my room to look at and EVERYTHING ELSE I OWN is assigned to boxes. The bigger questions were what do I keep and what do I give away. Do I need the feather boa? Is the cowboy hat going to serve some purpose in my future? How do I label these boxes? What I might need in the near future? What will I never need until I have my own home? In the end everything ended up sort of in labeled boxes.

Friday 2/23 is the actual move. I pray all goes well.

No comments: