Tina Senegal

TinaSenegal is a blog about my life in Oussouye, Senegal. My greatest desire is for this village to experience the LOVE of Jesus Christ.

Saturday, February 3, 2007

Taxes

Here's a tax tip if you are planning to move overseas. I visited my tax guy the other day and told him I was moving to Oussouye Senegal in March. I asked him what I needed to do in the following year to prepare for 2007 taxes. He pulled out his giant tax book and looked up Senegal. If you are living abroad all of your expenses generated in order for you to work overseas are deductible if under a certain daily allowance. Rent, Car, Travel, Food, Supplies. I cannot spend over $150 a day on housing and $60 on food. I think that will not be a problem in Senegal. Most Senegalese don't make that much in a month.

No comments: