Tina Senegal

TinaSenegal is a blog about my life in Oussouye, Senegal. My greatest desire is for this village to experience the LOVE of Jesus Christ.

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Nehemiah 4:16-17

"From that day on, half of my men did the work, while the other half were equipped with spears, shields, bows and armor. The officers posted themselves behind all the people of Judah 17 who were building the wall. Those who carried materials did their work with one hand and held a weapon in the other, 18 and each of the builders wore his sword at his side as he worked. But the man who sounded the trumpet stayed with me."

I have been thinking about these verses lately during prayer. Just how God uses so many different people for different jobs. Sometimes it's your job to build and some times it's your job to intercede and guard the work or administrate the work. It says in verse 17 that even those that did the work were working with a weapon in their other hand. I think about men I know who do construction and how difficult it must have been to rebuild a wall with one hand and keep a weapon in the other.

Thanks to all of you who support Mission Senegal in so many different ways. We are building together the Kingdom of God.

No comments: