Tina Senegal

TinaSenegal is a blog about my life in Oussouye, Senegal. My greatest desire is for this village to experience the LOVE of Jesus Christ.

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Saint Louis: Parc National des Oiseaux du Djoudj


This park is about 60 km north or Saint Louis. This park is one of the first watering spots south of the Sahara, makes it attractive to over 300 species of birds who migrate here every year and making it the third most important bird sanctuary world wide. It was magnificent!! The birds were performing for us with all of their God given wonders in the air and the water. I loved watching the synchronized swimming of the pelicans in the water.

This is the nose of a crocodile we found among the marshes.

In french they call this "facoshare." In english it's wild pig.






This was the leader of our band of merry men from the hostel. His whole job is taking groups to the three parks around Saint Louis. If I wasn't me I think I would want to be him. He was extremely knowledgeable of all the different species we saw around us.

Did you know that baby pelican's are brown until they are three? It's true.

Ok Tom took the previous two photos. Amazing!

1 comment:

Sarah Enders said...

I love the bird pictures and hanging out on the boats. It looks like a fun place to hang out.