Tina Senegal

TinaSenegal is a blog about my life in Oussouye, Senegal. My greatest desire is for this village to experience the LOVE of Jesus Christ.

Saturday, September 12, 2009

Tsteste Fly



Since I got my dog Adjou last year I have been through a series of drama's with this dog. Learning how to care for a dog in Africa is no easy task, as so many unseen creatures are out to destroy them. Last week it appeared as if my dog might have been sprayed by another snake. I decided to watch his eye for a day or two and see if this was the case. As I watched it I began to see his health deteriorate. He became more lethargic and his other eye also seemed to be affected by this crash with the snake. I thought, no somethings wrong. All of my senegalese friends, said, don't worry he'll be fine. I took him a second time to the vet and the vet said, he was probably bitten by the Tsteste fly. This is a total killer to livestock in Africa. The doctor gave the dog three injections. Just as a testimony to how sick the dog actually was he didn't fight at all during the injections. Where as last year I had to wrestle the dog to the ground for his rabies shot. Then two nights ago, after we had seen some improvement, Lorrie had a dream about the dog. She drempt that he had eaten a bad fish and it had come out the other end whole. She believed the dream meant and ending to what had made him sick. And the very next day he was back to his energetic grumpy old self again. Thanks God for healing my dog.

No comments: