Tina Senegal

TinaSenegal is a blog about my life in Oussouye, Senegal. My greatest desire is for this village to experience the LOVE of Jesus Christ.

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Christmas Cookies



















My mother sent me two boxes full of individually wrapped presents. Each day or so I have been opening a present. The other day I opened a bag full of cookie cutters. Imagine my surprise! I was going to put these to good use. So I went in search of recipes, icing sugar, decorations for the cookies and food coloring. The food coloring and colored sugar came from the village of Niamone. Lisa, another American missionary, donated to the cause of village cookie making, plus my MOM!, and Ziguinchor super markets had a little bit to offer in terms of sprinkles. The rest was Oussouye talent at decorating the cookies. In the posts before and after this you will view the remarkable artistic talent to decorate Christmas Cookies. This was so unbelievable fun! Thanks to everyone that made it possible.


In the morning Marietou and I cut out and cooked all the cookies.
PS the photos were taken by everyone in the house. The camera was covered with icing at the end of the day!

1 comment:

Angie Velasquez Thornton said...

How fun! But you didn't share the recipe(s)! I've never made Christmas cookies all by myself. I helped someone else make them, but actually spent most of the time eating cookie dough and icing, as well as sampling the finished products!