Tina Senegal

TinaSenegal is a blog about my life in Oussouye, Senegal. My greatest desire is for this village to experience the LOVE of Jesus Christ.

Monday, November 17, 2008

Snakes around

Whenever we cut the grass the snakes appear! Yuck. Last night the dog started barking wildly as he does in such a way I know there is something wrong. I opened my door a crack to see the snake sitting near my door all curled up. I shout for Erin, "bring me the machete, there's a snake near my door." She comes out machete in hand and I come out with my broom, batting the snake a couple of times. The snake only curled around himself more. I go for the machete. Wack wack wack. He's still moving a bit, the head rears, wack, wack, wack. And it's all over for this snake. Bits and pieces are strewn through the shells near the porch. No tricks for me, the snake will never rise again.

No comments: