Tina Senegal

TinaSenegal is a blog about my life in Oussouye, Senegal. My greatest desire is for this village to experience the LOVE of Jesus Christ.

Friday, October 17, 2008

Driving in Senegal




Last week we asked the Haerter family for a ride to Ziguinchor the next time they plan on making the trip. Instead they offered us their car for a day. I can't express what an amazingly cool thing that was for us. It's rare here that someone would offer their car for you to borrow. I was all about the challenge though. I had a car for 4 and a 1/2 years in Ghana and I so miss my Niva. We are slaves to public transport and sometimes that means waiting in the center of town an hour for a bus. Then after a long day of tromping around Ziguinchor shopping you arrive and have to wait an hour at the garage before the car fills up.

But back to the good stuff. I was all smiles on the way to Ziguinchor the other day. We had loads of things to do because of the UCF team coming and the opportunity to hall bigger stuff home was enticing. Not even so much bigger stuff, but stuff like hangers for the armoir, a water melon. Stuff that is too big for backpacks. We really had a wonderful time, I can't say enough about it, it was worth loads to me.

No comments: