Tina Senegal

TinaSenegal is a blog about my life in Oussouye, Senegal. My greatest desire is for this village to experience the LOVE of Jesus Christ.

Friday, August 8, 2008

Loudia Ouoluf

We have been talking about a visit to Loudia for awhile now. We asked a bunch of people how far it was to Loudia. We got anywhere from 12 kilometers to 6. So we decided to walk. It took us 1H and 14 minutes to walk to Loudia. Not bad when the conversation is good. This was my first visit to Loudia, a village I had heard is primarily Muslim, with no Christians. Upon arriving we saw a friend of Matthew's on his way out of town, he told us there are four neighborhoods in Loudia that we can just keep walking till we get to the river. We headed into town, checking out the old moldy buildings, black from layers and layers of mold. We stopped for bread at the local shop and wouldn't you know it, one of the students who lives behind our house works at the store. I know that several of my neighbors are from Loudia and I was hoping we would see one of them who could show us around. Not only did we see one of them, we saw all nine and their families homes. We got the grand tour, of Loudia. It was an amazing first trip to Loudia.



No comments: