Tina Senegal

TinaSenegal is a blog about my life in Oussouye, Senegal. My greatest desire is for this village to experience the LOVE of Jesus Christ.

Sunday, August 17, 2008

Île de Karabane: The Journey





The journey is the adventure in Africa. We left our house for Karabane in pursuit of a car going towards Elinkine, the port village where we could catch a boat to Karabane. We found a taxi, then while waiting for the public boat to Karabane, we were approached by another sailor. He said he was ready to leave right away and well we'd been waiting for a couple of hours, we were ready. Then we saw the boat, I had a moment, where I was deciding betweeng the adventure of taking this crazy, tiny, not safe boat to Karabane and the fun and adventure of doing it. Hey, we were both wearing our life jackets. And the guy had a bucket to bail out the water collecting in the bottom of the boat. We did arrive, and the driver of the boat ended up being the chief's son. It was all cool and didn't cost us any extra money but gave us fun! The swells were huge and my pants got soaked. I ended up wearing my pajama pants the rest of the weekend. Luckily, my pajama pants look just like what the French normally wear for regular clothes on beach adventures like this.