Tina Senegal

TinaSenegal is a blog about my life in Oussouye, Senegal. My greatest desire is for this village to experience the LOVE of Jesus Christ.

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Weekend In Ziguinchor

Erin and I had a fantastic trip to Ziguinchor this weekend. Friday we went shopping for Erin's new moped . Picked up a package from the South Spark Kinship with all kinds of goodies inside. Thank you South Spark. I love my spa facial mask and can't wait to scrub my face with it. Then on Friday evening we took Offie and Olga to Offie's favorite restaurant. It's THE place in town to eat bush meat. Friday night they had monkey and deer meat. You buy the meat by the kilo which I didn't realize before. So you say "I would like to eat 2 kilos of bish tonight." And they bring you a plate of 2 kilo's of deer meat. They hand you a fork and off you go eating a giant plate of meat. It's kind of like the Senegalese version of a steak house. We ate and laughed for several hours and then walked back to the WEC guest house, chatting more along the way. It was a great day.

Saturday Erin and I had lunch at a nice hotel on the river and took a walking tour through the arts market and the central market. Then back to Offie's for a bit and home again home again.

Sunday I preached at Offie's church and we had a good time visiting with the church members who I had not really spent much time with since last year.

It was a great weekend.


No comments: