Tina Senegal

TinaSenegal is a blog about my life in Oussouye, Senegal. My greatest desire is for this village to experience the LOVE of Jesus Christ.

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Etude Biblique

This year it has been difficult to get Etude Biblique going again. Initially it was only Ishamel, Erin and I. Then Harriette's daughter, Dgeleck, joined the group. Last night there were nine of us. That is a major breakthrough.

Wednesdays, I have opened the house up for people to come and hang out. Sometimes we play games, or watch a movie. The last two weeks Les Vieux (Marcel's son) brought his play station over. This drew in neighborhood boys. Yesterday during the Bible study the neighborhood boys showed up to see if the play station was still active. I invited them all to stay for the Bible study. Three Muslim boys declined, but Leboire, remained. He walked straight in, took his seat and listened intently and participated. Then Florence showed up and she sat with the two young girls, helping them find Bible verses. Dgeleck did the five minute teaching for the first time. It was really great! I am thankful for all that God is doing, to make this house a refuge for kids.

Please pray that God inspires me with what they need to hear and I have the language to share it. Also that we would build more friendships.


No comments: