Tina Senegal

TinaSenegal is a blog about my life in Oussouye, Senegal. My greatest desire is for this village to experience the LOVE of Jesus Christ.

Monday, April 21, 2008

Birthday's





Matthew 22:8-10 "Then he said to his servants, 'The wedding banquet is ready, but those I invited did not deserve to come. 9 Go to the street corners and invite to the banquet anyone you find.' 10 So the servants went out into the streets and gathered all the people they could find, the bad as well as the good, and the wedding hall was filled with guests.

Saturday night was Gnohi's birthday party. Every year I am amazed by this gathering. Astou welcomes the poor children of the neighborhood in for the feast. They gather around the table of goodies with eyes wide staring at the wondering delicacies assembled, in honor of Gnohi. They come half dressed and mostly in rags and rubbed with dirt.

As I watched Astou on Saturday night, with complete joy in her eyes at being able to host these children, I was challenged. Challenged to give all that I am to anyone that comes through my door. Challenged to be that kind of servant to the children of the Kingdom.

No comments: