Tina Senegal

TinaSenegal is a blog about my life in Oussouye, Senegal. My greatest desire is for this village to experience the LOVE of Jesus Christ.

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Returning Home






I thought I would end my blog for 2007 with some photos of my return and the story of my return journey and first impressions home. In 2008 I will start a fresh blog for a fresh year.

My flight leaving Dakar was an hour late and then the computers were down in NYC so immigration took an extra hour. Driving home from NYC to Syracuse is usually a five hour drive. There happened to be a snow storm however and the trip took us nine hours. I was exhausted when we arrived but so euphoric at returning.

I have been adjusting to the constant chatter and noise of being home. There are so many choices I have a hard time deciding what kind of coffee, what kind of lettuce, what kind of coke do I want. There is even a new coke with like DNA samples or something bazaar in it. (ok I suppose it couldn't be DNA but it was something weird) It's like Coke Plus or Extra or More. In America there isn't just Coca Cola, its got more just like our nation.

Reflecting on being home I can say we are an incredible blessed nation. Blessed beyond belief.

I am staying with my friend Tricia who has set me up in her home in such an amazing way. It really is home to me. Like Oussouye and the Center are in Senegal, the corner of Westcott is a home to me here.

I am feeling overwhelmed with the love here. I have been embraced in the last 48 hours more than ten months in Oussouye but of course I am not shaking as many hands and exchanging greetings about their families.

Its great to be home.

Attached are some photos of my long awaited and desired hair cut and highlight. Also the massive amounts of snow on the ground. Ughghgh

Ta ta for now. Much love Kristina

1 comment:

ladyakofa said...

Aaaw, Your blog is just create and it's good to know you're home for the Holidays!