Tina Senegal

TinaSenegal is a blog about my life in Oussouye, Senegal. My greatest desire is for this village to experience the LOVE of Jesus Christ.

Thursday, August 9, 2007

Progress








For the last several weeks I have been waiting for several things to get done around the training center. I am so happy that in one week I have seen so much progress. My mosquito net was hung, some kids came and mowed the lawn at the training center with their machete's, the electrician came and helped me hang a new mirror for the house. I bought this very pretty radio from LLBean before travelling but the band was too small to pick up BBC or any eglish stations I was getting only one station on it. So I finally bought another radio and now I get dozens of channels.

Everyday kids visit me when I am home. They just come and hang out sit around, read books, draw pictures or help me with work. One boy was there last week and we built a huge antenna running from the roof to the kitchen for the new radio. Another girl was there yesterday helping me hang the mosquito net lower for better protection.

Last week I went to a village for follow up work for evangelism, while I was there I bought a new pot they use for water storage. In the village it provides cold water for everyone. For me it provides cold water for butter, cheese and cola. Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so happy to have butter and cheese.

Thank you all for your prayers

No comments: