Tina Senegal

TinaSenegal is a blog about my life in Oussouye, Senegal. My greatest desire is for this village to experience the LOVE of Jesus Christ.

Thursday, August 2, 2007

Cultural Blunders


I was at the market yesterday and saw this fantastic hand made bowl. They do a beautiful job with the pottery and then they fire it in a kiln. I thought oh that's just lovely I have to buy it. So I get it home and put it in my house. One for vegetables on the counter and another for lovely flowers outside.

Then my friend Marie Claire comes to visit and asks me why I have this thing in my kitchen. She said do you know what its for? I said for flowers......right?

Apparently its used for women to burn insense and oils in to woo their husbands into better sex!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It would be like one of the locals here walking into Fredrick's of Hollywood and buying crotchless panties for a dishtowel.

ooooooppppps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: